Regular price $150.00
Unit price per
Snowy Egrets were hunted to near-extinction at the turn of the century when exotic bird feathers were featured prominently in women's fashion. The Everglades was prime hunting grounds; an estimated 95% of shore birds were killed. Conservationists saved the day by pushing bird-protection laws, and today egrets of all shapes and sizes once again thrive in the wilds of South Florida.
John McLean's art is inspired by the inimitable Florida Everglades. Each print requires many hours to produce. John enjoys the versatility and efficiency of a digital canvas, and the way that computer-based drawing tools yield painterly results that mimic traditional formats like watercolors, oils and pastels. His prints are quickly gaining popularity due to their unique style and bold use of color.
• Ready-to-hang art
• Durable 20.5 mil thick canvas over solid-wood stretcher bars
• Acid-free and PH neutral with a poly-cotton base
• Textured and very fade-resistant
• Bars are hand-glued to produce a piece that is 1.5 inches deep
• All materials sourced within the USA
• Mounting brackets included
• Flat matte print ideal for framing
• Bright, fade-resistant inks
• Saturated colors and excellent highlight and shadow detail
• Museum-quality, archival, acid-free paper
• 10.3 mil (0.26 mm) poly-cotton base
• 94 % opacity for a soft, non-reflective surface
• Ships within a protective tube
Each of these prints is made to order. Please allow at least a week for delivery.